ABOUT MEDITATION IMMERSION
While there are many forms and techniques of meditation, they all share the qualities of focused attention, and concentration as a foundation for practice. In this meditation certificate program, you’ll explore the many meditation techniques that can be used to support the mind-body connection and promote healing and wellness. The program is designed for yoga teachers, health professionals, teachers, healers, health coaches, as well as anyone who is interested. This program will guide you as you discover how the practice of meditation can be used to reduce stress, increase mindfulness, deal with pain and illness, support overall well-being while experiencing a deeper spiritual connection.
Study from Omaha’s original yoga teacher, Susi Amendola E-RYT 500 & C-IAYT. Susi brings her expert knowledge, stemming from her lived experience at the prestigious Himalayan Institute and her 30+ years of teaching. Be in the presence of a humble leader, who embodied the practice of yoga in all aspects of her life. Meditation staff also includes Yoga Now’s manager, Jacqueline Wilber, E-RYT 500 and Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist. Jackie is a lead teacher at Yoga Now and is pursuing her Doctorate in Education (Ed.D) where she is studying the impacts of Yoga and meditation on the public school system.
YOU WILL LEARN
- In-depth practice and teaching of classical meditation techniques
- How to choose a technique that is personal and powerful for you.
- Research-proven benefits of meditation
- Preparations for a successful practice
- Finding your best sitting position for meditation/ and the importance of posture
- How to set up your meditation space
- How to respond to obstacles in mediation
- How to develop a dedicated daily practice