Ayurveda Certification is for anyone interested in supporting their personal and/or professional life with the healing and holistic concepts outlined in the ancient teachings of Ayurveda. This four unit certification program will teach you the foundation of yoga’s sister science, Ayurveda. After graduating, you will be able to create a personalized ayurvedic daily routine for yourself and others, adjust your actions during the changing seasons, customize your yoga classes, and make recommendations for foods and herbs. Add another dimension to your personal and professional life and enjoy learning the science of Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is often translated as “the science of life” because of its comprehensive, holistic, and preventative healthcare practices. Ayurveda is a medical system, based on the idea that all living things are comprised of elements: ether, air, fire, water, and earth. Within our own bodies, these elements combine to create our unique constitution which comes with individual needs for self-care. By learning about these elements and how they work within us, you can better attune to your needs and the needs of others.
- Complete four weekends of training
- Completion of 20 yoga classes at Yoga Now
- Completion of all homework
- A personalized consultation with Jacqueline Wilber, Ayurveda Yoga Specialist and E-RYT 500 (a $100 value; included in the cost of the training)
- Overview of the basic concepts of yoga: Vata, Kapha, Pitta, the Doshas, Gunas
- Daily Routine (Dinacharya): waking/sleeping/eating times, oil massages, relaxation techniques
- Nutrition: the six tastes, balancing meals, personalized eating plans
- How to support others in living an Ayurvedic Lifestyle
UNIT ONE: WHAT IS AYURVEDA?
An overview of the program and program requirements. Learn the origins of Ayurveda in Sankhya philosophy and basics of each dosha (Pitta, Kapha, Vata).
UNIT TWO: DAILY ROUTINE & GUNAS
Understand the three rivers of the mind: satva, rajas, and tamas and how they impact behavior. Learn about the pairs of opposites and how they can help to keep you in balance. Develop a daily routine and learn to live in harmony with nature.
UNIT THREE: THE SIX TASTES
This unit teaches you ayurvedic cooking techniques, how to incorporate the six tastes into your diet, and which foods support your constitution.
UNIT FOUR: SUPPORT OTHERS
After your personalized consultation, you will discuss with the group. Learn to make a lifestyle plan for yourself and others, including yoga postures, daily routines, and food choices.
$1500 if paid in full by the start of the program, or $450 for each weekend. This does not include the cost of books or the 20 required classes at Yoga Now.
Check back soon for 2018 training dates.