200 HOUR HATHA (TT200)
YOGA NOW started the first yoga teacher training program in Omaha in 1983 and has certified exceptional teachers ever since. Susi Amendola created the 200 Hour training from her time at the Himalayan Institute, where she lived and studied the ancient tradition from some of the most influential teachers of our time. Susi’s heart-centered teaching makes Yoga’s wisdom relevent and instantly beneficial. TT200 is an opportunity to reflect and grow in your personal life while integrating the teachings of Yoga in the Himalayan Tradition. Whether you want to deepen your personal practice or become a certified yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance, YOGA NOW is the place to study. Open your heart. Open your mind. Transform your life.
Study from Omaha’s original yoga teacher, Susi Amendola E-RYT 500 & C-IAYT. Susi brings her expert knowledge, stemming from her lived experience at the prestigious Himalayan Institute and her 30+ years of teaching. Be in the presence of a humble leader, who embodied the practice of yoga in all aspects of her life. TT200 Staff also includes Jacqueline Wilber (E-RYT 500 and Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist), Stephanie Watson (E-RYT 200) and a rotation of special guest teachers from across the country including authors Nischala Devi, Dr. Carrie Demers, Dr. Rolf Sovik, Deborah Adele, and Amy Matthews.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This program was created as a holistic study of the practice of Yoga. According to the ancient texts, Yoga includes an understanding of ethics, breathing practices, asanas (physical postures), concentration, imagery, meditation, and experiencing the bliss that comes with dedication to Yoga. Much of the time in training includes seated lecture and discussion. While you will practice postures, it is not the only focus of the training.
If you are interested in becoming a Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance, you must complete the following items to receive your certification:
- Finish all reading and homework assignments. The assignments are given the first day of training. Feedback on homework is given, if requested.
- Complete an open book and note take home test.
- Attend 100 classes at Yoga Now (not included in price of program). 50 of the 100 classes must be with lead trainer, Susi Amendola.
- Informal meeting with Susi Amendola to answer your questions, provide guidance, and present you with your certificate.
All payment options require a $325 deposit, nonrefundable if cancelled within 72 hours of the start of the training. The deposit secures your place in the program, once your application is received. A payment plan must be determined before the start of the training program. All options require the $325 deposit in addition to the payment plans listed below:
- One Payment Plan: $2,500. Payment must be made in full by the start of the program.
- Two Payment Plan: $3000. $1,500 at the start of the program and $1,500 at the half way point.
- Monthly Payment Plan: $3,250. 10 monthly payments of $325.
Suggested books and the 100 classes at Yoga Now required to complete the program are not included in total price. A limited number of Work Study positions are available for reduced tuition for those who have financial need. Please complete the Work Study application if interested.
Yoga Now runs two TT200 schedules, the Evolution Program and the Intensive Program. The TT200 Evolution Program occurs every September through May, one weekend per month. The TT200 Immersion Program takes place every other July, for the whole month. Students in either program must complete all homework assignments, take 100 classes at YOGA NOW, and attend all weekend training sessions to complete the program and register with Yoga Alliance.
The Evolution 2017 program is closed, as it began September 2017. Registration for Evolution 2018 is now open. A reminder to those currently in the program:
WEEKEND SCHEDULE: FRIDAYS 6:00-10:00PM SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS 9:30AM – 6:00PM WITH LUNCH BREAK.
- SEPTEMBER 15-17: Introduction Weekend. What is yoga? Learn the history, styles/schools, and the way yoga came to the west.
- OCTOBER 6-8: Asana Weekend I. Learn the Beginner’s Yoga Series from Swami Rama.
- OCTOBER 20-22: The Secret Power of Yoga. Guest teacher Nischala Joy Devi discusses the ancient text, the Yoga Sutras.
- NOVEMBER 17-19: Asana Weekend II. Learn the Beginner’s Yoga Series from Swami Rama.
- DECEMBER 16 OR 17. NO CLASS DECEMBER 15: Asana Practicum. Enjoy practice teaching and watching your fellow classmates teach.
- JANUARY 5-7: Meditation & Pranayama Weekend. Learn the anatomy of breath, breathing techniques, and meditation practice.
- FEBRUARY 16-18: Embodied Anatomy. Guest teacher and author Amy Mathews.
- MARCH 9-11: Chakras Weekend. Learn the energetic system of the Chakras and subtle bodies.
- APRIL 6-8: Ayurveda Weekend. Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga. Learn the doshas, the six tastes, dinacharya, and other supportive practices.
- MAY 4-6: Graduation Weekend! Learn marketing, the Yoga Alliance Code of Ethics, and how to continue your personal practice.
IMMERSION JULY 2018